Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Overlay with Year of construction Buildings

Hi Support,

I would like to make a overlay which shows me the year of construction of all the buildings in my project. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Ward

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer

Hello Ward,

Thank you for your question. It is not possible to create an overlay of this directly. Normally you would make use of the Average Overlay and request for the construction year (or year of construction) attribute. Unfortunately this is not possible because this is not a valid request.

However, there is an option to import the BAG data again as areas and create an overlay with this data. You have to choose the import WFS option in the Geo Wizard. I hope this will work for you so you can create this overlay afterall.

Answers

• Hoi Hanjes,

Thank you for your answer. It works :)

• Hi Hansje,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to select the year of construction of a building via TQL at this moment? When exporting the buildings to GIS, the attribute table does not show the year of construction either.

Hope you can help, thanks in advance!

• Hi ChrisK,

No that is not possible, since the construction year (or year of construction) is not a possible attribute to query, also not with TQL.

However if you follow the solution Hansje mentioned by importing the WFS for the BAG buildings (layer Panden) as Areas, you can view or for example query the construction year with TQL.

This WFS URL is already added in the Geo Data wizard :

Tygron support team

• Hi,

I have a question related to this. I am also trying to make an overview of year of construction for all my buildings, and the BAG import in the Areas gives the possibility to add them to the overlays so that is great.

But I am also trying to make it somehow readable: for example by trying to group them like so 1920-1940, 1940-1960 and so on. Just like other overlays like the zipcodes. The best I've been able to do is importing all the BAG layers with the year of construction as their name so I can make an overview with legend of all of them. But then it also sees duplicates as other years like so: 1996 and 1996(2), and they get different colors. I want to group them if possible. I thought about merging the areas, because importing the BAG data creates an X amount of new areas, and if I where to import every building between 1940-1960 I could make that into 1 area with one color and custom legend label en thus build my overlay like that for every grouping I want to make. But I cannot find an options similar to this.

Is it possible to somehow create this group-based overview?