Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Heatstress

Hello Tygron and fellow users,

I have a question about the 'Heatstress' indicator and what the value of de score exactly expresses.
The heatstress is related to certain spatial functions and is expressed by a temperature effect (plus or minus degrees celcius).

But what does for instance +2 degrees celcius exactly mean? +2 compared to what?

Does it express the difference between the airtemperature in the residential area and the temperature in the surrounding rural areas? That is how heatstress is expressed in for instance the 'klimaateffectatlas'.

So is it the same?

I'm curious about your answer!
Thank you,

Maarten van Helden
Province of Utrecht

Comments

• Hi Maarten,

Did you already see this Wiki page about the Heatstress Overlay ?
    In the section Calculations is referred to a document in which the formulas used for this calculation model are explained.
    I hope this will solve your question!

With kind regards,
    Godelief

Tygron support team

• Hi Godelief,

I am asking you the question, because I can't find the answer in the Wiki page.

The Wiki says:

• 'The heat stress overlay is linked to the heat stress indicator (link)' , but the link goes to an empty page...
      and:

• 'More info, including the used formulas, can be found in following document (link), but the link doesn't work'.

So my question isn't solved yet!

Can you send me the document by email?

With kind regards
    Maarten

• Hi Maarten,

That is strange, the link works for me.
    I've attached the document.

With kind regards,
    Godelief

pdf
    pdf
    Heatstress.pdf

Tygron support team

• Hi Godelief,

Just like with the link in the Wiki, I'm unable to open the attached document.
    And that also applies to my collegues.

Can you solve the problem?

With kind regards,
    Maarten

• Hi Maarten,

Can you try:

• to use another browser to access and open the file. We recommend Firefox and Chrome.
    • To check in your browser settings that attachments are nog blocked for dowloading from certain websites (for instance this forum).
    • Use another netwerk for accessing the file, for example can you try at home?

If none of the above options work, I will send you the file per email. However I hope we will find in this way what the issue is!

Tygron support team

• Hi Godelief,

Thanks!

I copied the link to the clipboard and pasted it in Internet Explorer, and that worked!

With kind regards
    Maartn

• Hi Maarten,

Good to know that it worked out now!
    Thank you for informing us about the progress.

Kind regards,
    Hansje

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team