Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Fruit trees

Hi,

I realized that when a player build a fruit trees function during a session, only one tree is visualized in the 3D world, no matter how large is the plot. Can this be changed to improve the realism of constructing a tree plantation?

Thank you.

Comments

• edited June 2020

Dear Jpueyo,

This has to do with the density of the model. The larger the area you select, the more trees will be placed. Unfortunately, you cannot adjust this density. There are a few options to really draw in a row of trees.

When drawing the action of measure, you select the locations of the trees instead of one line, as shown in the image below:

Result:

Another option is to create a GeoJSON file in a GIS with the locations of the trees as points and then load this with the Geo data wizard as a Measure. You can then execute the measurement and the row of trees will be built. In this tutorial you can also see the steps to load a tree file (you can download the test tree file at the beginning of the tutorial page): https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Geo_Data_tutorial#Importing_point_data_of_fictional_trees

Let us know if this helps!

Hanna

• Hi, thank for your answer.

I cannot use a measure because I don't know where players will construct orchards. Selecting the trees locations is useful in the editor but during a game session is not practical, especially because players don't have the expertise to construct buildings on Tygron.

It's a pity that the model density cannot be changed. I run a simulation and I constructed fruit trees on a plot of a 130m2, but only one tree was visualized in the 3D world. I'm afraid it's not too accurate.

Kind regards.

• Hi @jpueyo,

The first two images show how (in this example) a row of trees can be constructed in a session (not in the editor). You do not have to create a measure, you can also use an action and then select the locations where you want to place the trees, as shown in the images.

Also, even though you selected the plot of 130m2 and one tree is constructed, the whole plot has the function of trees and is used in the calculation models (overlays and indicators).

We will however note the feature request to change the density of a model.

Tygron support team

• Thank you!