Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Get information from a GeoTiff with TQL

edited August 2019 in Data

Hi, I'd like to use a panel to get some information out off a Geo Tiff. So, what I've done, I used the Overlay option to add Geo Tiff. Now the GeoTiff is visiable as an overlay. And now I'd like to use a TQL to get the specific information.

When I have a GeoJSON I load is as an Area. Then I use the command:
SELECT_ATTRIBUTE_WHERE_AREA_IS_X_AND_NAME_IS_SOIL_TYPE

I would like to do the same for the GEO Tiff. So I was thinking:
SELECT_ATTRIBUTE_WHERE_OVERLAY_IS_X

But this obviously doesn't work. Can you help?

Ward

Comments

• Your first query returns the value of SOIL_TYPE for a specific (or in case of an X: all) area(s). For discrete polygons (such as areas coming from a geoJSON) which each have a singular value, that is obviously possible.

However, when dealing with grids, such as from a geoTIFF, the situation differs. There isn't a single "thing" with a specific value you can query. So instead, you need to reframe your question. For example: "what is the average SOIL_TYPE value within a given area's polygon?", or "how much surface area has a specific soil type?".

To answer these (reframed) questions, please take a quick look at our examples for TQL statements on our wiki: https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Tygron_Query_Language#Examples_for_common_use-cases

Sprawling spreadsheets so intricate Alexander the Great cuts them in half.