Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.

Adding electricity poles/pylons

edited September 2020 in Data

Hi,

When opening a new project, the 3D world does not include electricity poles/pylons. I tried to have these included in my project by adding them using 'add building'. The electricity pole/pylon however is not included in the function values as a building type.

Is there still an option to easily add electricity poles on random locations within the project? I'm curious about the options 🙂

Answers

• Hello @JoepK ,

Thank you for your question!

It is true that teher are no electricitypoles available in the Platform.

There is not an easy way to add electricity poles on ramdom locations in your project.

May I ask why you want to display the poles?

Would it be an option for you to select a different buildingtype (like a chimney or small windmill) just to make people aware of a pole like object that is present in the area?

What would be an option to import an selfmade model?

The only thing is that this cannot be on a random location, this needs to be at a predefined location.

In this link you can find more info about it https://previewsupport.tygron.com/wiki/Howtocreate_a_SLPK_file

Maybe you can tell me a little bit more about your use case so I can help you think about a best possible solution?

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• edited September 2020

Hi Hansje,

Thank you for your answer. I want to display the poles to make a stronger visualisation of an area of interest. I have indeed imported a 3D model as SLPK file to display the poles. This requires some extra manual actions, but it does work.

• Hello @JoepK ,

That is great news! That you for sharing your experience.

May I ask if it is possible to share a picture of your project with these electricity poles?

I'm quite curious :)

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• edited April 2021

Hello @JoepK,

Did you see we have released the new functionality to add high voltage pylons with the last LTS release?

Via this link you can watch a short video about how to use this new function.

https://www.tygron.com/en/idea/high-voltage-pylons/

I hope this helps you implementing the pylons in your project.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team