Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Ground bottom distance

edited February 2019 in Water

Hi support,

Another question concerning the groundwater module in Tygron that has newly been added.
The question revolves around the Ground Bottom Distance; an attribute assigned to a groundwater overlay after it has been created. I've noticed that the standard value for this attribute is 10m.

Does this mean that the 'depth' of the model is 10m beneath every grid cell? Or does it mean that the depth at a point where the ground level is 10m above datum is 10m, but at a point where the ground level is 2m the 'Ground Bottom Distance' is only 2m?

I was also wondering whether I could adjust the Ground Bottom Depth in any way for a specific area/terrain type? In this way I could simulate the effect of a impermeable layer, for example.

Comments

• edited May 2019

Hi Thomas,

These pages can give you some information about the ground bottom distance. Did you read them already?

http://support.tygron.com/wiki/Water_Overlay#GROUND_BOTTOM_DISTANCE_M
    http://support.tygron.com/wiki/Water_Overlay#Underground_model

To explicate: The distance is relative to the surface of the terrain. The impenetrable layer is a distance of GROUND_BOTTOM_DISTANCE_M below the surface. For every grid cell, the height of the impenetrable layer relative to datum can differ, following the profile of the height of the surface relative to datum.

Currently, the height of the impenetrable layer (relative to the surface) can only be configured as an attribute for the entire project area, and cannot be varied geographically.

Does this help you?

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team