Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Distance not calculated in some areas (using distance overlay)

Hello,

I am using the distance overlay to calculate the distance to several areas, but some areas the distance is not calculated. My steps are:

1. add areas with certain attribute (see area.png for one of the areas)
  2. add traversable grid overlay (see traversable_grid.png)
  3. add travel distance overlay with settings: max travel distance = 150 m; distance to road = 50 m; traffic types = cars, bicycles,pedestrians; traversable grid = grid overlay from step 2
  4. calculate distance (see travel_distance.png)

the result is then only the distance to road (50 m). It doesn't calculate the travel distance correctly, while the rsulting area is overlapping the traversable grid.

Most areas in my project are calculated correctly, but there are some that have the same problem as described in this post. How can I fix this?

Kind regards,

Gijs

traversbale_grid.png
802 x 702 - 1M
area.png
778 x 552 - 759K
travel_distance.png
550 x 617 - 565K

Comments

• I think I found the cause of the error: if an area does not lie in the travel distance grid, it is considered unreachable. I thought this was covered by the maximum distance to road setting. What does this setting do?