Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Overwrite existing building via API import

Hi,

I'm using the API to import new buildings in a project. It appears no combination of standard API calls is able to overwrite existing buildings. I've tried:

editorbuilding/import

and the combination of:

editorbuilding/add & editorbuilding/addpolygons (or editorbuilding/addgeometry).

I might be missing a core principle of how Tygron usually handles this by default. When importing via the wizard there's this option.

Is there an option to enable something like "overwrite = true"? Or how does this function in the wizard handle it?

Might it be that it checks existing buildings on geometry, then deletes those via editorbuilding/remove?

Comments

• Hi Len,

the "IMPORT" event automatically overwrites existing Buildings in the Session. Specifically, if an imported Building overlaps with an existing Building, the intersection of the Buildings is removed so the new Building can be placed. The parts of the geometry of the existing Building which are not overlapped by a new Building will remain. In other words, (parts of) the old Buildings are cut out so the new Buildings can fit.

I've verified this by creating an empty Project, adding a Building to the 3D World, adding an Area which crosses the Building, and then using the Area's geometry as input for an IMPORT event. If you do not see your imported structure appear, its relevant to check a number of factors:

• Does the event result in an error (missing or invalid parameters?)
    • Does the imported geometry's coordinates match the project's (and event's) CRS?
    • Is the imported Building of an above-ground Functions?
    • Is the imported Building of the same geometry and Function (or similar) as the existing Building which is already present in the 3D world?

Please let us know whether checking the above factors help resolve this for you!

Regards!

Rudolf

Sprawling spreadsheets so intricate Alexander the Great cuts them in half.