Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Culvert in and outflow height + visualisation

Hello,

I'm doing a project in a different country where unlike the NL the height differences can be very large. I've got two questions:

• Is there a way to set an inflow height and outflow height? I got a pretty long culvert with a height difference of 5 meters from the inflowing side compared to the outflowing side. These kind of height differences really have an impact on how culverts function and the amount of water going through.
  • Is there a setting to heighten the visualisation of the culverts and pumps? I can't properly see the pipe. On the downstream end it's above the landsurface of Tygron, therefore visible. On the upstream part the visualisation of the pipe is below the Tygron landscape making it impossible to read the waterlevel number on this end. (Align elevation, floor height m, default floors all seem to have no interaction with the visualisation of underground structures)

Comments

• Hi Len,

at this time culverts are implemented only as horizontal constructions with no rise. The formula for culvert flow reflects this as well, as the computation only refers to the singular height of the culvert (based on its height and that of the terrain on either end), and then on the dimensions for the horizontal flow:

https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Culvert_formula_(Water_Overlay)

Could you share a bit more about the case in which this configuration is of note, and perhaps some insight into the size of the impact you would foresee?

The visualization of the water system can not be modified at this time, only turned on or off. The height of the constructions, especially the linear constructions are based on the average heights of the terrain they are on. The attributes you list do not affect this visualization. To consult the datum water heights of a construction, you can still select it and view the full list of datum water heights as stored in the OBJECT-DATUM-OUTPUT attribute.

One crude workaround for the full visualization can be to store the heightmap of the 3D world as a separate overlay, then flatten the heightmap across the 3D world. The stored heightmap can be set as a prequel for the water overlay for it to perform calculations with, while the 3D world will be flat and thus allow all water system visualizations to appear properly. However, this would have the obvious side-effect of clearing the heightmap data from the Project proper, only storing a copy of it for the Water Overlay specifically.

You will need to make a judgement call for yourself as to whether either of these tricks will work for you.

Regards!

Rudolf