Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

infiltration comparision

I have two projects with the same study area. I want to compare the same city with a different amount of permeable surface. One has more paved areas and the other one has crops in it.

How can I compare the effects of a rain event? (inundation, infiltration...)

Answers

• Hi Guille,

comparing results will always boil down to running the calculation twice, with varying inputs and then checking the results. The following options can be considered:

You can run the calculation once, take note of any relevant outputs you are interested in (The values in the water balance, inspect or export the grid data, take note of the results of indicators), and then change some parameters or data in your project. Then rerun the calculation, take note of the same set of results, and see where and how they differ.

Depending on the change you wish to effect, you can use an Action or a Measure to draw a future design in the 3D world. This will start a Test Run in which the software tracks both the original and future situation of your plan. You can similarly inspect the results before and after effecting the change, but with the added benefit of being able to use the Difference option of Overlays. Additionally, stopping the Testrun will revert the state of the project to the original situation again.

Regards!