Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Implement measures on adjacent polygons

Hi,

Recently we tried to implement different measures for water nuisance mitigation. In this specific case we tried to implement a permeable road (dutch: waterdoorlatend) and adjacent parking spaces with infiltration/storage crates.

The implementation of the permeable road in the actions panel, resulted in the parking space measure being greyed out unfortunately (see attached screenshot). Luckily, we found a workaround by implementing both measures in the measures panel instead of the action panel.

Nevertheless we're still curious what the reason (e.g. too large pixel size?) was for the parking space measure being greyed out in the action panel.

Keen to hear from you!

Kind regards,

Glenn

Answers

• edited August 2021

Hi @Glenn Morvan,

In case a measure is 'greyed out' as an option (a.k.a. the execute butten is 'greyed out'), this usually indicates the measure is overlapping another (already executed) measure. This can easily happen when importing an external file with geometries or drawing in a measure manually that is really close to another measure; parking spaces adjacent to a road is a prime example of such a situation.

A quick way in the editor to test the feasibility of two adjacent measures, is to execute them consecutively by selecting the measure in the left editor panel, and then selecting the 'Activate measure' option on the right editor panel. in case an overlap is present, a proper error message will pop up.

This issue can be really hidden when the overlap is really small. Exporting both measure envelopes and comparing them in a GIS editor would be my next step to test for overlaps.

I hope this answers your question, and I am glad to hear you found a workaround.

Best regards, Vincent