Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Water Balance error Water Surface

I have a series of TQL statements to reproduce a local waterbalance within an area. I however can't seem to align the Water Surface GRIDVOLUME with the Water Balance of the entire model. The error is quite significant >13% on a 05x05 resolution.

The goal for this step is to get the water volume within the Water Surface. I'm already familiair with the elaborate post of Thies concerning a similar question. The Vector vs. grid alignment doesn't explain this error. The error and significance i'm running in to however are also quite a bit larger then the ones in his post.

My Water Balance shows the following values for the two important ones I'm looking at:

• Water Surface is 209.249 m3
  • Land Surface is 417.958 m3
  • Total = 627.207 m3

The sum of the watervolume according to:

SELECT_GRIDVOLUME_WHERE_GRID_IS_idsurfacelastvalue_AND_TERRAIN_IS_waterloop

SELECT_GRIDVOLUME_WHERE_GRID_IS_idsurfacelastvalue_AND_TERRAIN_IS_watervlakte

SELECT_GRIDVOLUME_WHERE_GRID_IS_idsurfacelastvalue_AND_TERRAINIS_water

Only adds up to 179.336 m3. This is on a 05x05 resolution.

After seeing this I've tried some troubleshooting to find the "missing" water using:

SELECT_GRIDVOLUME_WHERE_GRID_IS_idsurfacelastvalue_AND_TERRAIN_IS_X

Ignoring the underground terrain types I get the following as a return for the various surface terrain types:

The total volume of this all does align (roughly) with the total volume according to the waterbalance = 627206 m3.

However the sum of the watervolumes for the water terrain types doesn't align. If i add "Grasland" as water I do get the expected value.

Am I correct in saying that "Grasland" is considered as "Water" in the Tygron Watermodule waterbalance?

Comments

• ps: this might be Preview specific and only a recent "error".

• Hello @Len Geisler ,

Thank you for this question.

We are currently looking into this question and will get back to you asap with an answer.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hello @Len Geisler,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We reported these internally, and the fixes for these issues will be rolled out in the future.

Best regards,

Vincent