Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Surface of rainwater harvesting

Hi,

I want to know the surface available for rainwater haversting in urban gardens. I want to use roofs than are close to the gardens. So, my conditions are:

• Floortop > 1 (to use only buildings).
  • Distance from urban gardens < 10

Using TQL I can know the surface that fulfils both conditions, but I'm interested in knowing the surface of the buildings that any part of them fulfils the conditions. That is, if a wall building is closer than 10 metres to a urban garden, I want the total surface of that building.

I also tried using a combo overlay, as you can guess from my last comment in the forum.

How could I do this?

Thank you,

JPR

Comments

• Dear @jpueyo,

I have been assigned to your question and I am currently looking into it. I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Kind regards,

Vincent

• Dear @jpueyo

I think it is best to use two TQL statements;

First an update statement that updates each (part of a) construction by adding an attribute (example: foo) that indicates that the construction (part) is in the range of the garden (150m).

UPDATE_BUILDING_FOO_WHERE_MAXGRIDVALUE_IS_150

Next comes a query that returns the lot size of all constructions that have the added attribute.

SELECT_LOTSIZE_WHERE_ATTRUBITE_IS_FOO

You can test these statements best in the API end point, as the query tool is more rigid and does not allow to add attributes to buildings that do not exist yet.

This approach is a work around and there may come up some issues, as the first statement writes new attributes to the buildings, these should be reset after the use of your project. When you run the statements as part of a test run, the attributes will reset when the test run stops. You can also create a special button in a panel that resets the attributes during a test run through an API call, which is a more advanced option.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Vincent

• Hi!

thank you for your answer. I never used the API, I model the indicators using excel indicators. Can I implement your strategy using an excel indicator?

Otherwise, can I use the API to calculate indicators? (I mean in a game session, so they should update with players' actions).

Best wishes,

JPR

• edited August 2021

Dear @jpueyo,

You can use excel to implement the queries.

The API query endpoint is a web based interface that works similar to the query tool, where you have more freedom to implement queries for quick testing. You don't need to use the API to use this API tool.

You can find the API endpoint in the editor, on the top bar, under Tools > API Overview > Show TQL Endpoint. By clicking on this option a new browser window will open that looks like this (when scrolled down):

As you can see, you can manually fire TQL statements and get a return, similar to the query tool. There is also a good overview of all available TQL selections.

Best regards, Vincent