Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Documentation underground evaporation

Hello forum users,

I was looking into the evaporation, and the theory behind it. I ran into something regarding the documentation of the evaporation from the unsaturated zone. On the Tygron Wiki, the equations used are documented*. However, I was wondering, should the 2 equations circled in red not we swapped the other way around in the documentation?

d_gw,t is the depth of the groundwater level. If the ground water level is situated below surface level, d_gw,t is a positive value. So I think water could evaporate from the unsaturated zone. So, the second equation should be followed instead of being just 0.0 right?

* https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Underground_evaporation_formula_(Water_Overlay)

Comments

• Hi @thies ,

Thanks for your remark regarding the documentation. We will let you know when we have looked into it.

Tygron support team

• Hello @Godelief ,

Thanks for your reply!

Just to be clrear, I think that the implementation of it in Tygron is correct, or at least, the evaporation I observe is as I expact it to be.

My comment is only regarding the way it is is documented.

Kind regards,

Thies

• edited June 2021

Hi @thies,

We have looked into it and updated the Wiki accordingly. There was an error in the documentation of the formula, the greater than (or equal to) should be less than (or equal to). Thank you for notifying us!

Tygron support team

• Hi @Godelief,

Great to hear from you. Happy that I can contribute.