Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Zoning plan

To whom it may concern,

I do have a question regarding the zoning plan and the location setting for development. I am with a project where we want to frame just an area to develop further development plans. I have set up a zoning plan which only one stakeholder permittes whether a plan will be carried out or not. My question is: How can I set up the environment for just allowing to develop a plan in a certain area without even allowing the action to buy land or constructing everywhere else than this specific area to any stakeholder?

I appreaciate the help.

Comments

• Hi Roberto,

To only allow the stakeholders to do any actions in a certain area, you can set up your project to have only one or more neighborhoods playable. To do this, please follow the steps below:
    1. First determine in which neigborhood the area is where you want to be able to do actions. For this, check the Neighborhood overlay. You can also alter the neighborhoods to make them more fitting your area. See the following Wiki page for more information.
    2. Then go in the Editor to Storyline -> Levels
    3. Expand the Level menu in the Left panel.
    4. Select Playable Neighborhoods.
    5. In the right panel, uncheck the neighborhoods that should not be playable.
    On this Wiki page you can find more information about the above steps.

Does this answer your question?

Tygron support team

• Hey Godelief,

That was really helpful! Thank you very much indeed!

• edited October 2018

Hey again! As you mentioned that worked. Now what I am dealing with is to perform the excelsheet with the zones permitted to construct. I had a look a it and as far as I understood, there I can stablish the number of buildings (building top floor amount?) and also the zone max floor amount. Could you explain exactly what these two definition mean? Also, in order to work out the zoning planning, I assume that the excelsheet is the key, right? Where can I find a tutorial or any kind of information to proceed further?

• Hi Roberto,

Glad to hear you are making such progress with your projects!

As for you definition questions:

• The "Building top floor amount" is the maximum number of floors that a specific building can have.
    • The "Zone max floor amount" is the maximum number of floors buildings in a specific zone are allowed to have.

For example if the "Building top floor" is 3 for a particular building (the building has 3 floors) and the "Zone max floor amount" is 2 for a particular zone, then that building is not allowed in that zone.

In order to retrieve this information from the Platform, TQL queries need to be constructed.

The TQL Query Tool can be found in:
    1. Indicators -> Query Tool

Information about Zoning, Excel sheets and the TQL can be found on the following wiki pages:

I hope this helps you to proceed further!
    Hedi

Tygron Support Team

• Hey Hedi! Thanks for your help but just to confirm. Then, are the excelsheets needed to determine which buldings can be build in a zoning plan? I set up the zoning plan to just construct affordable housing permitted by municipality but I tested by constructing industry functions in the zoning plan and it allowed to be constructed, so I am missing something. Could you help me on that?