Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Implementation in current sitation

Hi,

We want to implement a side river in the current situations, but unlike the future design you cannot make the size of open water or elevation models bigger than 20 meters. In the future design you can easily make it 100 meters for example. Is there a way to do this in the current design as well?

Kind regards,

Marsha

Comments

• Hi @Marsha ,

Can you post a screenshot of where you encounter this limit of 20m when drawing?

Also, if you have already created the measure in future design, you can export this measure by hovering over Measures and then choosing Export Geo Data and export it as a GeoJSON. Then you can import this file in the Current Situation tab with the Geo Data Wizard.

For more information, see also this video about how to create measures in the current situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLQIM7t3oMs 

Tygron support team

• edited April 2021

Hi @Godelief ,

It has this limit when I try to implement open water or change the elevation model:

I encounter the same problem when i want to implement a levee as a measure instead of an action. I again can only make it 20 meters max. Within the actions and testrun i can't export it as a geoJSON

• Hi @Marsha ,

Ah, I understand the limit now. When drawing an Action it is indeed possible to set a larger width for example, but with the drawing tool not. For now, there is no option to change this size.

What you can do, for example if you want to create a river of 100 m wide, you can draw this river in a GIS (by drawing a line and buffering this). Then export this as a GeoJSON and import it as a Water terrain with the Geo Data wizard in the Current situation.

Otherwise, an option would be to use the block drawing tool, select a size of 20m and draw the river by selecting 5 blocks for the width.

Does this help you with drawing the measures in the current situation?

Tygron support team

• Hi @Godelief ,

Yes thank you! I will try importing it using GIS, since the measure option is quite inefficient. As a tip: I think for future updates it would be nice if you consider a bigger size for measures.

Thank you for the help!

• Hello @Marsha ,

Thank you for the feedback and happy to hear this works out for you now :)

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hello @Marsha , btw...did you knwo we have lots of video where we give explanations about features and functionalities? For example we also have this video about measures in the current situation:

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi @Hansje,

Yes i have been watching them, it's really helpful (:

It was just this one thing i was struggling with!