Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

infiltratieput bouwen

een van de mogelijheden voor waterberging is het creëren van een infiltratieput, waarbij je een gaat graaft tot aan een watervoerende laag met een hoge hydraulische conductiviteit, en dat gat dan volstorten met een goed doorlatend medium, bijvoorbeeld grind. Als bouwobject zit dit volgens mij niet in Tygron, iemand al eens geprobeerd om zoiets in Tygron te bouwen?

Comments

• @Henk van Hardeveld and @Rudolf, weet een van jullie misschien een goede tip om Marjon te helpen aan een antwoord?

En als het niet kan, weet iemand dan een mooi alternatief?

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi Marjon,

I missed that I was linked in this thread.

Your question is basically whether it's possible to create a point with a higher infiltration potential, as a fast route for surface water to flow into the underground. This is not something currently implemented as such, but permit me to provide a potential workaround if you need such a feature.

The underground flow model of the Tygron Platform consists of 2 layers: an unsaturated layer and a saturated layer. Water can infiltrate from the surface to the unsaturated layer, and from there on to the saturated layer. Water can flow horizontally underground once it has reached the saturated layer.

https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Infiltration_model_(Water_Overlay)#Surface_infiltration

Infiltration from the surface to the unsaturated layer is dictated by (if present) a construction's "GROUND INFILTRATION MD" attribute (or its "Ground infiltration per day (m)" function value; they're the same thing), and the "GROUND INFILTRATION MD" attribute of both the surface terrain type and the underground terrain type, whichever one of the three has the lowest speed. (think building a grassy park on a granite underground, or an asphalt parking area on sand).

Infiltration from the unsaturated layer to the saturated layer is dictated by the underground terrain type's attribute "GROUND INFILTRATION MD" attribute only.

In editor mode, it is possible to change a specific location's construction freely, and to change the type of surface terrain and underground terrain. It is therefor possible to create a spot where the surface terrain, underground terrain, and constoruction on top (if applicable) all have high infiltration speeds.

During a session (testrun, single user, or multi user), there is no action possible for an end user to affect the surface terrain type (other than turning it into water or open land), or the underground terrain type, so during such a mode the infiltration speed will always be at most whatever speed the terrain allows at the start of a session.

You could consider preparing a location in the 3D world where the terrain allows high infiltration but is capped with a low-infiltration construction, which the user could demolish to expose the high infiltration speed channel. This would mean the user cannot pick an arbitrary spot to construct such a pit, and in the strict sense water in the underground in that location will always flow quicker (a side effect the consequences of which are limited by the width of the affected area of course). But it would allow for the implementation of your described hydrological feature.

• Hi Rudolph,

That is a nice idea! Also feels nice to be able to demolish something 😁

I' m not sure yet how exactly to implement this, but that I can probably find out.

Thank you!