Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

New attributes for functions

Is it possible to create new attributes for the functions?

I would like to create new attributes like food production (since I'm interested in urban farming) and other attributes.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 2020

Hello Josep,

Yes, it is possbible to add new attributes to functions. On this page an explanation is given on how to add an attribute to a specific object like a building or another construction. https://previewsupport.tygron.com/wiki/Add_Attribute

It is also possible to add an attribute to a cathegory so all buildings of the same category will have this new attribute linked to it.

This can be done in the Function Values table. Also see the pic below to see hwere this can be done.

Go to: Tab CURRENT SITUATION -> hoover over option BUILDINGS-> select EDIT FUNCTION VALUES.

A new panel will open. Maximize this panel and otice below you see an option to add a new attribute name. Fill out a new name and select ADD. The new attibute will be added to the list. Now it is possible to set a values to this attribute.

I hope this helps you and answers your question as desired.

It is also possible to upload your own data which include attributes already. I'm not sure if this is releavnt for you. If you want to know more about this, please check the https://previewsupport.tygron.com/wiki/GeoDatatutorial f.e. Here multiple ways of uploading data are expanded.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi again,

I tried and it work perfectly both ways! Thank you very much.

when I was trying I realised that buildings in the categori 'Garden' don't appear on the function values table although there is a category filter called 'GARDEN'. What am I doing wrong?

Best wishes,

Josep Pueyo-Ros

• Hi there!

Most likely those functions have not yet been added for editing. Please take a look on our wiki for more information, regarding the topics of functions and function values. Specific for your situation, I recommend following the steps documented here:

https://previewsupport.tygron.com/wiki/How_to_add_Functions_for_editing

Kind regards!

• Since we're already focus on the function values table, can this be exported in some format?

Thank you.

• At this time there is no built-in facility to export the entire function values table. This is due to the way values are inherited from overarching categories and other functions. In practice, you will rarely need all the values or all functions (or all values of all functions). You can focus on constructions/functions which are actually present in the project area, as well as the function which can be created through actions.

• Hi again!

I've created a lot of new functions that I need for our game and I need to set up the attributes. Using the function values table is a good solution for a few functions but it's not too efficient for many functions. Is there any way else to edit functions values? The API, for instance? I tried the query tool but I guess it only allows to update buildings, not functions.

Thank you!