Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

TQL GRID functions related to building and functiontype

I want to return GRID value functions based on buildings and functiontypes. How can I do this in a Tygron panel?

This function is a general principle but imagine the usecase: How much water is on this specific road, both in volume and average depth?

This would require the GRID_AVG an GRID_VOLUME for a specific building type and/or a specific building. I can however not combine GRID functions and BUILDING or FUNCTION_TYPE. This can only be done for AREA, TERRAIN, ZONE and NEIGHBOURHOOD. The Query I require would be something like:

SELECT_GRID_AVG_WHERE_GRID_IS_1_AND_FUNCTION_IS_439

or for another Query

SELECT_GRID_VOLUME_WHERE_GRID_IS_1_AND_BUILDING_IS_1250

or a comination of both when it goes to the panel

SELECT_GRID_VOLUME_WHERE_GRID_IS_1_AND_FUNCTION_IS_439_AND_BUILDING_IS_X

Workarounds which involve creating AREA' s for each building in order to Query the required value would involve me creating an area for thousands of buildings. This would be very undiserable.

How can I create this functionality in a Tygron Panel?

Comments

• Hi Len,

It is not possible to combine for example GRIDAVG with the Buildings or Functions layer. It is possible to combine with Areas, Neighborhoods and the Terrain layer. The workaround would be the workaround you already mention, to create areas from the buildings.

I will make a feature request for your use case. If there is an update on this, I will let you know!

Tygron support team

• Hi @Len Geisler

I was wondering if the workaround by using the Combo Overlay is a possible solution for your feature request. You can create an Average Overlay in where you highlight the functions or buildings you are interested in. And with the Combo overlay multiply this with the Rainfall overlay. See also this example for the general steps/principle: https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Combo_Overlay_with_masking

Is this workaround useful for you?

Tygron support team