Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Is there a way to build solar panels on water?

edited November 2019 in Editor

Hello all,

I am currently using Tygron for 3D visualisations and I stumbled upon problem. A request from a customer is to build solar panels on top of water, in order to get floating solar panels. For 'buildings' like 'reeds' (riet) it is possible to build on water. If this is not possible, is it then possible to get the water texture underneath the solar panels by way of applying a flooding overlay or so?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• edited November 2020 Accepted Answer

@gwubs ,

Are you already informed about our new solar panel option? It is now indeed possible to place solar panels on water!

In this video (Dutch only) all new solar panel options are explained.

I hope this helps you to update your project if you want to.

This is already available on our Preview Server and will become available for all customers in the upcomming Preview Server release at the end of 2020.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

Answers

• Hello Gerjan,

In the past we have placed solar panels on water in a project as well.

As a work around we have changed the waterside to open land and changed the color of the surface.

Than we placed the solar panels on this land.

So it is not possible to place them directly on water but in a way you can make it look like you do. I have added a picture of this project below to give an impression. This was quite some time ago so now you can make it look even better.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• That is exactly how it looks in my project as well, but I don't think it looks like water at all. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply!

• Hi Gerjan,

Did you adjust the surface color? This could help to make it a little bit more water like.

At the same time I think it looks quite good.

If you place the solar panels on the water it will be floating on a construction right?

I'm not an expert on how the solar panels are placed but I hope this works for you afterall.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team