Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Externe TYGRON Users toegang verlenen tot onze projecten

edited October 2019 in General

Hoi,

Ik wil graag externe TYGRON gebuikers die op een ander domain een account hebben toegang geven tot onze TYGRON projecten. Is het mogelijk om ze toegang te verlenen tot ons domain zodat ze zelfstandig projecten kunnen opnenen en afsluiten.

Ik weet dat je onder je domain subdomains kunt aanmaken zodat een gebruiker beperkt zicht heeft op projecten.

Ik ken ook de mogelijkheid om gebruikers met send invitation uit te nodigen. Het nadeel is dat we dan 4 erg grote projecten actief moeten houden en na iedere keer afsluiten voor bijvoorbeeld versie wisselen weer moeten uitnodigen.

Groeten Jesse

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your question. I put your question in English as well so our international users can also benifit form this post.

Hi,

I would like to give external TYGRON users who have an account on another domain access to our TYGRON projects. Is it possible to grant them access to our domain so that they can independently open and close projects?

I know that you can create subdomains under your domain so that a user has a limited view of projects.

I also know the possibility to invite users with send invitation. The disadvantage is that we then have to keep 4 very large projects active and, after closing every time, for example, to switch versions.

Greetings Jesse

My answer is that you are correct about the two options you name. Subdomains can be provided and allow you to give some rights and settings for this uses regarding the project rights and specific projects.

The option to invite people is also available. I understand your difficulty about the adjustment with the versions but this is not something we can prevent.

It is also an option to add them to your domain and give them editor rights.

These are the options we have available.

If this is not what you are looking for, maybe you can add what you mis in these options?

What is something you would like to do but is not possible now?

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hoi,

I tried to add the customer to our domain bij adding him as new user with de e-mail adress he also uses for their own domain. Result:

Cannot add new user.

Is there an link to de wiki with more infomation? I've searched and not foud it.

Groeten Jesse

• Hi Jesse,

It is correct that you can only use the emailadres once for the entire Platform. On this page this is mentioned but maybe not clear enough. https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Accountmanagement#Addingand_removing_users

This is what it says:

Username

The Username needs to be an existing emailadres so a personal password can be send to the user. It is not possibible to have the same emailadress as an username in multiple domains. If you want to make use of the Tygron Platform from multiple domains, you need to create an user per domain based on an unique existing emailadres per domain.

If you want to add a new user who is also active in another domain you need to use a different emailadress than the adress that is already beeing used. Because when you select 'forgot password' and enter the emailadress (which is used in two domains) it is not clear for which one the new password is. So the username is connected to the domain and not to the Platform.

I hope this is clear and that you can add this new user with a different emailadress after all.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hoi,

Dank je! Dit is duidelijk.

Groeten Jesse

• Great! Good to hear!!

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team