Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Relationship between construction finish date and year of construction

Hi there,
I am wondering what the relationship between the construction_finish_date (attribute) and year of construction (found in General tab of buildings)? I cannot quite figure it out.
If you can not provide an answer to this, alternatively is there a way to export the building data along with the year of construction? At the moment when I export the building data it will not export the data on the General tab.

Best Answer

• edited May 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi Ellie,

The year of construction is the construction year from the BAG data source, see http://support.tygron.com/wiki/Project_Sources for more information about this dataset.
    The construction_finish_date is the time in milliseconds relative to the (unix) epoch. If a building has a construction year from the BAG, the time in milliseconds from the epoch to the construction year is calculated, therefore it could be a negative number.

The construction finish date is used in a timeline game (http://support.tygron.com/wiki/Simulation_Type), for example the Climate game. In the Climate game a stakeholder plans when a building is constructed. The construction finish date is then updated with the new date time (in milliseconds) and the software then knows when a buildings has to be constructed.

When you export the Buildings data, data from the general tab is exported (such as the name, function, roof color, owner etc.), but not the year of construction indeed. I will add this as a feature request.

Answers

• Hi Godlief, thank you so much for this response. This is the answer I was looking for (although I do admit working in unix epoch time is a bit confusing haha)!
    Thanks
    Ellie