Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Flooding module and culverts

I try to fill a system of small canals with use of inlets upstream and a breach downstream. The attributes are shown below:

Inlets

• Inlet capacity: 1000000 m3
  • Inlet Q: 10 m3/s
  • Upper threshold: top of the canal profile
  • Lower threshold: bottom of the canal
    For the breach I use the canal bottom level as breach level, the width of the canal is the breach width. I used an external water level of 0,5 m above the canal bottom.

Breaches

• Breach height: bottom of the canal
  • Breach width: width of the canal
  • Breach angle: ?
  • External surface level: bottom of the canal
  • External water level: bottom of the canal +1 m
  • External area: 1000000

When I run the module, water flows around my inlet and breaches in the canals but only in the most nearby section. Canal sections connected with culverts are not filled.

I already tried the following for the culverts:

• Adjust the diameters
  • Set the culvert height at the bottom of the connected canals (highest as reference)

What is happening around the culverts? And how can I prepare my project to make water flow better through the system?

Comments

• Hi Christian,

So if I understand correctly, there is now water flowing through the culverts?
    Can you give me some more information about your project, for example:

• Have you imported water areas? This is an important step.
    • Are the start and end points of the (line-based) culverts in a ditch/canal? It is important that they are in a water body and not start or end on land for example.
    • Do the culverts where no water is flowing through, have an Attribute: ObjectFlowOutput?

If you can provide more information, I'm able to answer your questions better.

Tygron support team