Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

questions for climate game at Avans

Na de eerste keer spelen in een klein team (1 facilitator, 2 teams):
Persoonlijk vond ik het lastig om een goed overzicht te houden van waarom bepaalde stakeholders nou zoveel meer punten hadden dan anderen, terwijl ze nog wel goed in hun budget zaten (@Hedi: hoe zit dat: wanneer krijg je veel en wanneer weinig punten? ik heb het inmiddels opgezocht in de full reference book.
Hoe kan ik de scores tussendoor goed uitleggen en aangeven welke acties van de studenten hebben geleid tot welke scores?).

Ze laten inzien welke effecten welke acties hebben, vond ik alleen moeilijker en daarvoor moet je de game wellicht afmaken (ik heb nu alleen een try out gedaan). @Hedi/Rudolf: Tips hoe je dat goed kunt aangeven binnen een sessie zijn zeer welkom.

Zelf vond ik alles opzetten vanuit mijn account tijdrovend, ik zou het fijner vinden als de app op de computers staat en de studenten een eigen inlognaam hebben en een eigen password. Die kunnen ze vooraf aanmaken. Tegelijk met het kijken van het filmpje “how to do the game”. @Hedi / Rudolf: zit dat ook in onze overeenkomst?
Voor de eerstkomende sessie zit iedereen op ca.rovers@avans.nl, met een wachtwoord speciaal voor deze dag...

Comments

• Hi Ilse,
    the full reference book does indeed give al lot of information, good to hear you found it.

For others: http://www.tygron.com/downloads/climategame/Climategame_main_manual_v1.0.pdf
    starting at page 83 there is an overview of the impact of the actions.

Letting students experience what the impact of actions is, is mainly a matter of letting them experiment. You can take actions in the Climate Game and check the impact of an action without confirming it. If you reset the action, it will not have impact. Also, the first round is mainly meant for learning/trying. There is not much you can do 'wrong' in this first round, since more money and more complexity is added in the second round.

So as a facilitator you should encourage players to start experimenting, especially in the first round.

Please let me come back to you on your questions about the accounts.

Tygron Support Team

• Hi Ilse @Avans 1,

I have added the way to make the login process easier by creating a dedicated student account to the wiki (see the bottom of the page):
    http://support.tygron.com/wiki/Project_Session

I hope this helps!

Tygron Support Team

• great! I will try it out. Oh, and sorry for having typed my questions in Dutch! Never realised that (apart from our own students) you also have international partners who would like to learn from our experiences.