Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Having two different scenarios/models open without activating test run

Hey there,

In the design of my project I wish to be able to build/edit in two different scenarios (well, having even more than that would be pretty useful as well actually) and then switch between them. However I can't figure out how to do that. Whenever I make edits Tygron automatically turns on the test run function, which then makes it impossible to save changes and also deletes my changes (without asking me for permission!?) when I turn it off. How might I edit without having it turned on, or achieve the above some other way?

I am asides from that somewhat unsure as to what the logic behind the test run function is. What is it supposed to be good for?

Cheers Bjørn

Comments

• I experienced the same issue as you, and have now been working with versions (you can see the answer to my question here http://community.tygron.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/126#Comment_126)

It depends what you intend to use the programme for, but I am also running multiple different scenarios and I quickly stayed away from the test-run part of Tygron and instead used versions. For each scenario I have updated building features using the update part of TQL or by exporting data into QGIS, modifying it and then re-importing. For example instead of changing implementing a green roof measure in Tygron, I would update the characteristics (e.g. water storage and heat stress) of this building so it reflects that of a green roof.

I hope this helps give you some ideas with how to work with scenarios, however I can not add anything about what the test run is good for.

• Hi Bjorn,

In the Editor you design the project. For example, you add the indicators and the overlays. In the test run you test different actions (or measures) and see how they score on the indicators and how the overlays changes. When you stop the test run, the project reverts back to the current situation. When you play a multi stakeholder impact session, everyone works in the test run (they don't open the project with edit project, but by starting a session in the main menu). The stakeholders do not even see the editor interface, so they can solely focus on the 3D world.

If you use your project more for analysis, then it is indeed easier to stay working in the Editor interface, to quickly adjust your project. One solution is indeed to work with versions, as Ellie mentioned.
    Also, have you tried to work with measures (group of actions) http://support.tygron.com/wiki/Measures? You can create multiple measures and carry them out one by one, to see the different outcomes in indicators in the test run. When you stop the test run, the measures are also reverted back, but you can save the project and still carry them out next time.

Tygron support team