Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.

understanding / reproducing the water balance

Can anyone explain which queries to use if you want to reproduce the water balance?

I can manage to reproduce some of them with gridvolume statements, e.g. evaporation, seepage and underground unsaturated storage. I can manage to reproduce rain as well, by multiplying the input values with the active landsize, which I derive from the base type overlay. So far, so good.

However, I'm at a loss when it comes water surface, land surface, and underground saturated storage. I've found that a query which selects the grid volume of the surface last value results in the sum out amount of land surface and water surface. But if I want to distinguish between land and water, using a "TERRAIN_WITH_ATTRIBUTE_IS_WATER" statement, the result differs from the water balance. In addition, I can't conjure up any query which results in the sum in amount of water surface and the underground saturated storage amount. Which queries must I use to reproduce them?

Comments

• Hello @Henk van Hardeveld ,

Thank you for your question.

We are currently working on it and get back to you with the best possible answer as soon as possible.

It could be that we need to explain it in a online session beacuse it is probably an extensive answer, would that be oke?

If it is, we can plan this in colliberation with you and we will post a video of this session in this post.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team