Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.

Editor session rights

Hi,

I created a user with host session rigths. However, if at the moment that user wants to create a session I'm editing, the user can join the editor session, edit the project and I can't even notice that. The user can't save but if I save because I haven't notice the changes, welcome to the mess!

It happens with WRITE or READ edit rights of the project for the other users in the domain.

How can I prevent that? I want a user being able to host sessions (especially single-user ones) but not able to join the editor session.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hello Joseph,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

It sounds like a bug.

I'm going to test this and I will get back to you about this asap.

For now I'm not sure how to prevent this. If I know a work around I will inform you about that as well.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hello Josep,

We have discussed this and we can to the conclusion you have to change the project rights to none in the domain rights dropdown menu in order to make sure one else can join your project and edit anything if you don't want them to.

You also mentioned you cannot notice it when someone joins your project. To clear this up, it is possible to notice that multiple users are working in the same project and even who is working on it.

In the Future tab, you can see the available stakeholders in your project. When somebody else joins your project he/she will be taking one of these stakeholder roles to be able to join the project.

You can see how many people are in the project because the stakeholder will be cyan of color and when you hover over the stakeholder, the name of the other user will be displayed.

I hope this helps you to avoid that your project will be changed (maybe even ruined) when you don't want it to.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi,

thank you for the advise. I want other users to be able to create single-user sessions. If I set up the rights to none, they won't be able to that. But now I know how to detect if anybody is joining to an editor session.

Best,

• Ah oke, you are correct....this is not a sufficient solution for you. Happy to hear that it is helpfull for you to know how to detect other users in your project.

And last advice...work with versions! If anything happens to your project, you can easily switch back to a previous version without losing a complete project by one mistake.

To save a version go to (in a project) File->Versions->Add new version

To load the correct version go to (in the main menu) Options->My account-> select the correct version in the drop down menu.

https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Account_management#Change_the_version_of_your_project

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team