Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.

Select waterlevel

Hi Support,

I'm tryging to make a panel that shows me the rise of the waterlevel in waterbody in a certain area after a Rainfall event. Is this possible? Can I use SELECTHEIGHT and WATERDEPTH_M?

I got this so far

SELECT_HEIGHT_WHERE_AREA_IS_something_AND_GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE_IS_neerslaggebeurtenis_AND_TIMEFRAME_IS_10

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Ward,

The Height clause can be used to get the height value of the terrain, but not the waterlevel for example. See also: https://support.tygron.com/wiki/Tygron_Query_Language#Grid_values

For your panel you could use the SELECT_GRIDAVG_WHERE_AREA_IS_something_AND_GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE_IS_neerslaggebeurtenis to get the average value of the grid in your area. Would that work for your use case?

Tygron support team

• Hey Godelief,

Thank you. In your sollution the AREA has to be the water, right?

Could this work as well? The AREAISsomething is just used to select a specific area in my project. I can add TIMEFRAME_IS_x to get the waterlevel at a certain moment.

SELECT_GRIDVOLUME_WHERE_AREA_IS_something_AND_GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE_IS_neerslaggebeurtenis

and devide it by

SELECT_LANDSIZE_WHERE_AREA_IS_something_AND_GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE_neerslaggebeurtenis_AND_TERRAIN_IS_3

(Terrain 3 = water)

What do you think? Would this work?

• Hi Ward,

Yes, the waterbody is then the area and the grid can be the Surface last value result type.

I think the outcome of your second question will also be the Gridavg. Because the Gridvolume = the surface area (the landsize) * the average grid value (the gridavg). If you then divide this by the surface area (the landsize) you will get the gridavg.

Tygron support team