Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.

Attribues imported and attributes created

Hi,

I have some doubts about the attributes. I imported geodata on buildings with an attribute which is number of floors. Although it appears on the information of buildings, it doesn't appear on the function and values table.

What I should do to show this information in the table?

Thank you.

Josep Pueyo-Ros

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Josep,

If I understand correctly, you ask the same question as you do in your other question about batchting the number of floors but in a different context. Is that correct? The bottomline for both questions is: How can I set the amount of floors for all buildings? True?

If that is the case, I would like to refer to your other question and the answer that is been given there. https://community.tygron.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/239/batching-the-number-of-floors#latest

If I'm mistaken, can you please specify what you mean with this question so I can complete the answer here.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• I'm sorry I didn't explain properly.

My question was about importing buildings data with a created attribute and make it appear on the function value table. I imported data with an attribute but it doesn't appear on the function values table. It only appears on the right panel (attributes tab).

Today, I had tried to update the buildings attribute by importing again but it neither appeared on the table.

Thank you.

• Hello Josep,

Oke I think I understand it better now.

The thing is, in the function values table it is possible to make the attributes for a category visible by selecting the attributes filter.

You can add an attribute here thais is linked to a specific category and this attribute will be applied for all buildlings in this category in your project area.

However, for the buildings you have imported yourself, it is never possible to visualize the attributes in the function value table as it is not linked to a function category that is part of the function value table.

The attribute you have connected in your file can only be used for calculations, not for visualizing your building.

What you can do is create new categories in the function value table (f.e. social housing 3 floors and social housing 5 floors) which you can select as the default function to use during the importing data steps. In this way you can import multiple buildings with the correct amount of floors.

Would this help you think?

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi,

indeed, this is what I did, but it multiplies the number of functions and makes the usage more complex. Specially in the functions with several categories like shops with houses. If you create, for instance, 3F, 5F & 7F shops with houses, it represents 6 new entries on the function values table. I think it's not worthy since in my project the amount of floors it's only for make the visualization more realistic.

Thank you!

• Hey Josep,

I think you are right. It is always a balance between looks and functionality. Happy to hear you know the option you can use in case you do decide to make your projectarea look more realistic.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team