Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.

New TQL query clause for creating generic indicators

In the latest update on the Preview server (available for all customers at the start of January 2020), the TQL query clause: GRID WITH ATTRIBUTE is added. With this clause it is possible to refer to a grid overlay without mentioning the ID (number) of the overlay, but by referring to an attribute name of the overlay.

Since the ID of an overlay is different in projects, depending on how much overlays you have added to your project and the order in which you have added them, this new clause makes it possible to create more generic indicators for use in a template for example.

Read more on our Wiki about this new clause.

Tygron support team

Comments

• Yay! This addition is very welcome.

• Hi Godelief,

The GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE works fine for most overlays. However, overlays that are part of a parent (i.e. rainfall overlay) seem not to have their own attributes. Is it true that it is not (yet) possible to refer to for example the Surface Last Value grid without using its GRID ID number?

It would be a good addition if the GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE is also available for these grids!

• Hi Joep,

That is indeed true that this new GRID_WITH_ATTRIBUTE clause is not applicable to child overlays, because they don't have their own attributes.

I will add your suggestion as a feature request and if there is an update on this I will let you know!

Tygron support team

• Clear, thank you!

• Hi Joep,

Actually all (grid) overlays have attributes in the API, only they could not be changed in the user interface. I think this was done to prevent user form setting attributes that should be set for the parent.

In the next update (2020.5) I have re-activated the panel that edits child overlay attributes. So that should solve your problem.

Regards,

Maxim

• Hi Maxim, the problem is solved and it now indeed works to add/change attributes of child overlays. Thank you!