Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Import water as a measure

edited August 2018 in Data

Voor een project willen we een uitgewerkt gebiedsplan vanuit GIS inladen als measure om de invloed op de omgeving te verkennen. Dit gaat om gebouwen, straten, tuinen maar ook om water. De eerste 3 zijn allemaal eenvoudig in te laden als structure binnen de measure. Water is daarentegen een terrain type. Hoe kan ik water als terrain aanpassing meenemen in mijn measure.

Comments

• edited August 2018

Hello Len,
    Thank you for your post. I can give you some instructions on how to include water in your measure. To make it complete I will post your question in English as well before I get into an answer.

Quote Len:
    For a project we want to load a detailed plan area from GIS as a measure to explore the impact on the environment. This concerns buildings, streets, gardens but also water. The first 3 are all easy to load as a structure within the measure. Water, on the other hand, is a terrain type. How can I include water as a terrain adaptation in my measure?

You have the option to include Spatial Measures (which are available with Measures and then Add Spatial). This makes it possible, for example, to carry out water or a dike as a measure. Only you will then have to draw your waterways in advance, because this is not yet possible by loading a file with the locations of the waterways.

To avoid any conflicts when you carry out the measure like conflicted ownership or a terrain type that does not allow you to build on it, the best thing to do is to demolish the area where the measure comes before you perform / build a measure.
    I also often change the ownership in a project to one stakeholder (at least where the measure will take place), so that you do not get any problems about ownership between various stakeholders.

You could also look or duplicate an existing function (for example a swimming pool) and adjust the colors a bit so that it looks (more) like water. This could perhaps help for the visualization of the new plan. If you really want to use it for accurate water related calulations, then this does not fit the case.

I hope this will help you and others who are working with measures.For more information about measures, you can also visit our measure wiki page

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team