Receive email notifications by changing your settings.
Click on your picture in the top right corner, go to Preferences and select your notification preferences.
Thank you for contributing to our forum!
Please keep in mind:
1. To only comment on the topic where the discussion is about. Do you have a new question or topic? Please start a new discussion.
2. Be kind to other users!

Calculation demolition costs

Hi,

I see a difference in the calculation of the demolition costs. The demolition costs are in €20 m2 (square meters), so I expect 100 m2 is demolition costs of €2000.

Could you explain the difference in de atachments.

Calc 1.png
501 x 164 - 108K
Calc 2.png
508 x 268 - 173K

Comments

• Hey Lee,

It could be that the difference is caused by the buyout cost of a construction. Please check the function values for the buy out cost of all constructions and the spatials for the buy out cost of spatial constructions.

I think this will explain the difference in costs.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi Hansje,

The buyout costs are €0,- I've already checked that.

Regards,
    Lee

• Hello Lee,

May I ask if you try to demolish this as an action or as part of a measure?
    What can help to find out where the costs are comming form is to add an budget indicator and preform your demolish action. After this is finished you can click on the budget indicator and open the balance. Now you can see in more detail where the costs are made for. If it is not clear, please post a screenshot of the finacial balance so we can help you specify how the total costs are established.

Kind regards,
    Hansje
    Tygron support team

• Hi Hansje,

That answers a part of my question, because the discussion in Den Bosch started with the demolition of this building (see picture 01). I still can't explain why the demolition costs are so high (see picture 02).

Demolitioncosts 1.png
    1584 x 825 - 1M
    Demolitioncosts 2.png
    1391 x 719 - 315K
  • Hey Lee,

to get a bit more insight into what the costs break down to, can you open up the "Industrie" category in the budget as well? It should show all the object that have been demolished in that category, along with their individual costs. If that doesn't further narrow it down, can you post another screenshot of how the entries look opened up?

• Hi Rudolf,

See the attached file.

Regards,
    Lee

Afbeelding 1.png
    975 x 597 - 208K
  • Hey Lee,

so according to the budget overview, all the costs are caused by a single structure. That already helps narrow down our search somewhat.

Can you please check/do the following:

• Inspect the demolished building in the editor (if you're having difficult finding it, you can click on the entry in the budget to zoom to the relevant location. You can then select the building in the editor by clicking on it in the 3D world)
    • In the building's "category" tab, check the demolition costs and the buyout costs. (Do this for all options in the " category" dropdown, though it seems your building only has 1 category: INDUSTRY)
    • In the function values window (with all the values for each function), find the building's function and set the demolition and buyout costs to your desired values there as well. (If you don't want to make this change for all constructions of the same type, duplicate the function first and modify the new copy. Then change the building's function to the copy as well.)

Can you try these steps as well and let us know the result?

• Hi Rudolf,

Thank you very much, I see what is causing this high costs. I'm going to change the values.

Regards,
    Lee